Jail - Inmate Records and Information

Sheriff's Office BadgeInformation regarding offender bookings and releases is available online.

The Public Inmate Viewer has changed to display only information on subjects currently in custody in the Lane County Jail.  Information on past inmate lodgings is no longer available on our website due to concerns over misinterpretation of the information.  We will continue to fulfill public records requests for this information as allowed and required by law.   In our continued effort to provide public information in a responsible and ethical manner, we have found this to be the most respectful solution in ensuring that accurate information is available and distributed in a manner that decreases possible misuse, misinterpretation, or misunderstanding.  

If you are trying to locate a specific person, please call 541-682-4263 to confirm whether that person is currently in custody. Information is only available for currently incarcerated individuals.

If you are looking for someone and their name does not appear, they are not currently in custody at our facility.  As the viewer no longer displays information about prior lodgings, you will need to contact the appropriate court to obtain historical custody information.  Here are the contact numbers for some of the county courts:

Lane County Circuit Court 541-682-4020
Eugene Municipal Court 541-682-5400
Springfield Municipal Court 541-726-3748
Lane Justice Court 541-997-2535
Cottage Grove Municipal Court     541-942-3346
Florence Municipal Court  541-997-3123
Junction City Municipal Court 541-998-1113
Coburg Municipal Court 541-682-7859
Oakridge Municipal Court 541-782-2258

Requests for copies of jail or inmate records, or mug shots should be made in person at the records window at the Lane County Jail. This window is located just outside the main entrance to the jail. Please download and complete the Adult Corrections Public Records Request form. The fee schedule for requests is located on the form in Section C. 

How can I find out if someone is in jail?

Visit our Inmate Database search page to access current inmate and offender information.

How can I get visitation information?

You can call jail reception Monday through Friday 7:45 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 541-682-4263. Select the option for “Jail and Inmate Information,” and then the option for “Visiting, Mail, and Other Inmate Related Questions.” For more information about the rules and regulations around inmate visitation, see Main Jail Facility Visitor Information.

How can I put money on an inmate’s commissary account?

You can put money on an inmate’s commissary account by visiting the Access Corrections site, calling Access Corrections at 1-866-345-1884, or by using the kiosk located in the lobby of the jail. For additional information, see Inmate Trust Account – Commissary Funds.

Can an inmate make calls from the jail? Can I set up an account for calls? Can I block inmate calls?

An inmate can make prepaid or collect calls from the jail using a vendor serviced phone system. Check with your phone service provider to verify you are able to receive collect calls.

There are two different types of prepaid accounts available from the jail provider:
• Inmate Account: The inmate can use the funds in this account to call any number; and,
• Friend & Family Account: The inmate can use the funds in this account to call select phone number(s) only.

To set up a prepaid account or verify call rates to your number, call the vendor directly at 1-866-516-0115 or check their website for information and services.

If you do not want to receive inmate phone calls, choose the block calls prompt when the inmate calls you, or contact the vendor directly at 1-866-516-0115.

For additional information, see Inmate Telephone and Video Visitation Services.

Can you pass a message to an inmate? Can I write to an inmate?

It is against our policy to pass messages to inmates. All correspondence must go through the U.S. mail. For information on the guidelines concerning inmate mail, please see Inmate Mail Rules and Regulations.

How do I make sure I receive my medications in jail?

To assist Jail medical staff identify your needs, bring a list of medications or when possible empty current prescription bottles with you to court or jail. If you have a loved one in jail, you may call the Jail Medical Section at 541-682-2239.

What time are arraignments conducted at the jail?

Arraignments for in-custody offenders are held at the jail at 11 a.m. for the Eugene Municipal Court and 1:30 p.m. for the Lane County Circuit Court. You must arrive 30 minutes prior to the court start time to be processed through security. Lockers are available for a quarter and are located outside the front doors of the jail.

It is advisable to contact the jail at 541-682-4263 to confirm the offender’s appearance in court before arriving at the jail.

Are there other jails in Lane County?

Yes, the cities of Springfield, Cottage Grove, Florence, and Junction City all have municipal jails.

Springfield Municipal Jail         541-744-4177  
Cottage Grove Police/Jail 541-942-9145
Florence Municipal Jail 541-997-3515
Junction City Police/Jail 541-998-1245

I am a victim. How can I find out when the inmate is going to get out of jail?

There is no sure way of predicting when someone will be released from jail, however, if you are a victim of a crime, and you would like to receive notification of an inmate’s custody status, please call Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE). VINE is a service through which victims of crime can get information regarding their inmate’s custody status and register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when that status changes. Contact VINE at 1-877-674-8463, or visit VINELink.