Traffic Enforcement FAQ

Sheriff's Office Badge 


Does the Sheriff’s Office have deputies who will do a child seat inspection?

No; however, many communities sponsor child safety seat events. Contact ACTS Oregon Child Safety Seat Resource Center at (800) 772-1315 or (503) 656-7207, or visit for a schedule of free child safety seat events in your area.

What should I do if I don’t have enough seat belts for everyone in my car/truck? Is there a difference if it is a minor or an adult?

You must be in compliance with the following Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS 811.210 and ORS 811.215).

There are cars/motorcycles that speed by my house – who do I talk to about getting a deputy out?

The Sheriff's Office no longer has funding for deputies assigned to traffic enforcement duties. If you want to request that the Sheriff’s Office bring a Speed Trailer to your neighborhood, please leave a voicemail for Sgt. Wells at 541-682-7406.

Who do I talk to about paying my ticket?

For parking tickets issued by the City of Eugene, contact the Eugene Municipal Court at (541) 682-5400.

For traffic citations issued by the Lane County Sheriff’s Office, you should contact the Court that has jurisdiction, as notated at the bottom of the citation, i.e. Lane County Circuit Court, Veneta Municipal Court, Creswell Municipal Court, or Florence Justice Court.

My license is suspended due to an unpaid ticket. Who should I talk to about making payments?

If the citation was issued by a Lane County Sheriff deputy, you should contact the court that has jurisdiction, as notated at the bottom of the citation.

I received a citation and need to speak to the Judge/Court about it. Who do I call?

You should contact the court that has jurisdiction, as notated at the bottom of the citation. If the citation lists Lane County Circuit Court, contact them with any questions.

I’ve lost my traffic citation. How do I know who to pay?

If ticketed by a Lane County Sheriff’s deputy, contact the Police Records Unit at 541-682-3775. They are available from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.

If you were ticketed by a Eugene police officer, contact Eugene Police Records at 541-682-5116.

If you were ticketed by a Springfield police officer, contact Springfield Police at 541-726-3714.

If you were ticketed by an Oregon State trooper, contact their office at 541-726-2525.

2024 Wildfire Season Evacuation Information -

Click here for information about active evacuations.